The eighteenth day of Sea-Teacher 2017, observing Ms. Merle's class again


We went to Damrongratsongkroh School by walking as usual and directed to academic affairs to meet mum Sunny for a moment. Then, I went to English Department office. In the morning, I observed Ms. Merle’s class. In the class, Ms. Merle’s asked me to introduce myself in front of class before the class started. Ms. Merle asked students to sit down with their partner. Then, Ms. Merle asked students about their project that has been given to them in the previous meeting. Ms. Merle also reminded the students about the deadline of that project.

Teacher showed a conversation / dialogue
 Ms. Merle taught listening and speaking; the topic was “Social Media”. Teacher showed vocabulary related to social media, and showed short conversation for each vocabulary. Teacher asked students to read conversation on the screen. After that, teacher asked students to make their own short conversation about social media, and based on their topic. The topic was: app for line 1, blog for line 2, cloud computing for line 3, and crowd funding for line 4. Teacher gave students five minutes to prepare their short conversation before practice it. Then, students practiced their own short conversation, and teacher scored them.

Students practiced conversation (pair works)
After all students practiced their own short conversation, Ms. Merle asked me to speak in front of class about Indonesia, such as culture, foods, language, and other. Students asked me about Indonesia language, like what is “good morning”, “good afternoon”, “good evening”, and others in Indonesia language.

Speaking in front of class about Indonesia
In the afternoon, we had a meeting with my friend’s teachers from Universitas Lambung Mangkurat (UNLAM), coordinators of our host university, Chiang Rai Rajabhat University (CRRU) Ms. Pakinee and Mr. T. Rawat, and Damrongratsongkroh School staffs.

Meeting
After that, I came back to English department office to make material for my teaching demonstration on Monday. After that, I went to market to buy mineral water and some foods for dinner. Then, we came back to hotel.

That’s all of my entire activities today…
Thanks so much for reading my blog…

See you on my next journey…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The twenty fourth and twenty fifth day of Sea-Teacher 2017, making self-report and farewell ceremony

The seventeenth day of Sea-Teacher 2017, observing Ms. Merle's class

The first day of Sea - Teacher 2017, Orientation