The fifteenth day of Sea-Teacher 2017, observing Mr. Benson's class



Today is Monday, we went to Damrongratsongkroh School by walking as usual, and directly to mum Sunny’s room to meet her before going to English Department office. At 8.15 in the morning, I went to English department office, and I met Mr. Benson. Mr. Benson showed me his lesson plan. At 8.30 Mr. Benson and I went to M5 class. In the classroom, Mr. Benson gave a chance to introduce myself before the class started. So, I introduced myself in front of class.


Mr. Benson showed a slide (conversation), and then practiced it with students


Mr. Benson taught or testing speaking for level M5, and the topic was “At the airport”. This meeting / testing was continuation for previous meeting. Before speaking test, Mr. Benson showed a slide that contained speaking (at the airport). Then Mr. Benson and students did the example (practice) speaking once. Mr. Benson was as airport official, and students were as passengers.


Testing speaking in front of class

After that, students practiced / tested speaking in front of class with their partner (pair works). Mr. Benson gave instruction before testing; students should tell their number and speak loudly. After testing, teacher gave feedbacks / corrections, for each group / pair if any feedback for them. Teacher also wrote on the blackboard, and told students about the words that have similar pronunciations, such as “luggage” and “language”. At the end of class, teacher repeated (drill / repeat-after) the words that he wrote on blackboard.


Feedback for students 


Teacher drilled (repeat-after) at the end of class

The timing of lesson today was not the same with timing of lesson as usual, which was only 40 minutes, because today there was a meeting in the afternoon. I only observe one class today. After class, we came back to English Department office. I only sat there, and key-in my university. In the afternoon, I only sat in English Department office till the time for came back to hotel.

That’s all of my entire activity…
Thanks for reading my blog…

See you on my next journey…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The twenty fourth and twenty fifth day of Sea-Teacher 2017, making self-report and farewell ceremony

The seventeenth day of Sea-Teacher 2017, observing Ms. Merle's class

The first day of Sea - Teacher 2017, Orientation