The twenty second day of Sea-Teacher 2017, teaching demonstrations


Today, I had teaching demonstrations. I taught listening and speaking skill with topic “advance emotions” in three classes. The first class, the activities were not completed because the time was not enough. I explained the materials too long; I tried to make students understand, because student’s level was very low. They had difficulties to understand the materials, slow respond, shy to answer. In this first class, my self-confidence was low and I felt nervous.

The topic was Emotions (advance emotions)

The second one, the activities were completed; from warm-up activity, presentation, and practice activity. Students were more active than the first one. This class, I felt more enjoy, and I did not feel nervous anymore.

Material
The last one is the most active class that I taught. I did not need long time to explain the materials. So, in the practice session, there were many students practice their conversation. This class, I felt enjoy to teach, and I had self-confidence to teach.

Students’ task
Yet I taught with the same lesson plan, activities, materials, and topic, but different level of competence and different characteristics. So, I felt the challenges. However, it taught me how to interact with them, how to adjust the method / approach to them. More than that, it can help me to be a good teacher for the future.

That’s all of my entire activities today…
Thanks for reading my blog…

See you on my next journey…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The twenty fourth and twenty fifth day of Sea-Teacher 2017, making self-report and farewell ceremony

The seventeenth day of Sea-Teacher 2017, observing Ms. Merle's class

The first day of Sea - Teacher 2017, Orientation