The fourth day of Sea-Teacher 2017, observation in the classroom


This is the fourth day of Pre-Service student teacher exchange in Chiang Rai, the exactly place is Damrongratsongkroh School. I went to school at half past seven in the morning. Actually, today I must introduce myself in front of students on the field, but I was unable to do it because it was raining. At half past eight, I observed Ms. Joyce class. The class level was upper level and she taught listening and speaking. Ms. Joyce allowed me to introduce myself in front of class before the class was started.


Ms. Joyce showed the students a video about game. After watching that video, teacher gave clear instructions and divided class in to three groups for playing a game. The game name was “pass the message”. Students were enthusiastic to playing that game. After playing a game, teacher gave an exercise to the students. There was two session of Ms. Joyce’s class, in the afternoon, the lesson continued. However, I did not observe that class again, because I observed another class.

The exercise in Ms. Joyce’s class, students had to rearrange the conversations.
After that, I went to mini English program (MEP) room to met Ms. Cheradee, because in the afternoon, I would observe her class. Before class was started, she made lesson plan first in her office. She asked me anything while she was making lesson plan.

Video about occupations
In the classroom, teacher Cheradee played a video song about jobs. Students listened to song and read the copy of lyric / sang by read the copy of lyric, and Ms. Cheradee sang together as well. After that, teacher asked the students about the job, based on the lyric of song. After sang a song, teacher played a video again, the video for listening, listen and repeat sections. There were also drills (repeat-after), drill vocabularies and sentences, and also answer the questions.

Video about occupations
Students answered the questions on the slide.
The last activity was conversation practice. Before students practicing conversation, I was asked by Ms. Cheradee to practice conversation with her. There was a script, so we only read the script. Students practiced conversation by reading the script as well. I was also asked to give score on students’ conversation practice. So, some students practiced in front of Ms. Cheradee and some students practiced in front of me. From this, I learned how to give score to students, because it was different with Indonesia. The score in Indonesia is until 100, but in Damrongratsongkroh is only until 10. All of students have practiced their conversation practice, the time was up. Then, we moved to another class.

Students looked more active and enthusiastic.
The activity in this class were the same with previous class, because the same teacher. However, this class was more active and enthusiastic; all of students followed the song. I asked to do conversation practice with Ms. Cheradee as well, like previous class. So, I observed three classes today, Ms. Joyce’s class, and two Ms. Cheradee’s classes.

We went to market to buy foods for dinner.
After observing the class, I went to market with my partner and mum Sunny. We would buy some foods for dinner. After bought some food, we back to home together by walking. Then, we take a rest at our hotel.

Thank you for reading my blog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The twenty fourth and twenty fifth day of Sea-Teacher 2017, making self-report and farewell ceremony

The seventeenth day of Sea-Teacher 2017, observing Ms. Merle's class

The first day of Sea - Teacher 2017, Orientation