The ninth day of Sea-Teacher 2017, observing Ms. Steph's class, and going to Mae Sai border.


Today is a weekday, so I and my partner go to Damrongratsongkroh School by walking as usual. We went to school at 7.30 in the morning, and straight to mum Sunny’s room to meet her. At 8.30 we went to the office; I went to English department office, and my partner to science office. Today, I only observed one class, which was Ms. Steph’s class in eighth grade (2.4). She taught speaking skill: the exactly was speaking test, and the topic was “sicknesses”.

Conversation on the whiteboard
 In the classroom, Ms. Steph allowed me to introduce myself first in front of class before class was starting. After that, she wrote the conversation on the white board, and students had to write that conversation and then practiced it with their partner (pair works). Each group (pair works) had to practice it in front of class (in front of teacher) without reading the conversation (students should memorize it), then the teacher scored them.

Students practiced the conversation in front of class
Scores of the conversation / speaking test
Uncompleted sentences
After all students have practiced their speaking, teacher wrote two line / sentences on the white board. The sentences were not completed; students had to complete those sentences. Students should write the answer on the piece of paper that given by the teacher. After that, the time was over, and we backed to English department office.


In the afternoon, I and my friend were invited by mum Sunny to join with her to go to Mae Sai border. Mae Sai is a border between Thailand and Myanmar.

The gate of border between Thailand and Myanmar
Then, we walked into the border market between two countries.

Market in the border between Thailand and Myanmar
We walked around to that market, and we found a temple there. We did not forget to take some pictures there.

A temple in the Mae Sai border
This was my first experience to walk and see the market between two countries, and passed another country by walking.

Those all of my entire activities today…

Thank you for reading my blog…

See you on my next journey.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The twenty fourth and twenty fifth day of Sea-Teacher 2017, making self-report and farewell ceremony

The seventeenth day of Sea-Teacher 2017, observing Ms. Merle's class

The first day of Sea - Teacher 2017, Orientation