The sixteenth day of Sea-Teacher 2017, observing Mr. Benson's class again


Today is Tuesday, or we can call it as weekdays. We went to Damrongratsongkroh School by walking as usual and directly to mum Sunny’s room to meet her before going to English Department office. At 8.30 in the morning, I went to English department office. In the office, I watched students. They train English debate, and they were trained by Mr. Benson.

The banner of Halal food café

The menu in the Halal food café
At eleven o’clock, I was invited by mum Sunny to have a lunch in the Halal food café. The foods are so delicious. I enjoyed that food very much.

Students stood up
In the afternoon, I observed Mr. Benson’s classes. Actually, I observed 3 classes; all of them were Mr. Benson’s classes. The first one was in M5 level. Before class started, Mr. Benson asked me to introduce myself in front of class. In the class, Mr. Benson taught listening and speaking skill and the topic was “at the airport”. Teacher asked the students about the name of the pictures on the projector, but there was no students answering it. So, teacher asked students to stand up. Students who could answer the questions / name of the pictures, students could sit down. 

Students who could answer, they could sit down
Then, the activity of this class was the same activity with previous class that I observed. Mr. Benson showed a slide that contained speaking (at the airport), and students also had copy of speaking. Students had to fill the blank sentences and then practice it in front of class without text (memorized).

Copy of the conversation
Speaking test in front of class
The second was in the Mini English Program (MEP); this program is a special program. In the class, there was speaking test based on worksheet that student have had before. Students should choose 3 questions. Then, teacher would ask students based on the questions that they chose.

The worksheet, students had to choose 3 of them

Speaking tetst (one by one)

I love this class, because students are very active and smart. When I introduced myself in front of class, they asked me some questions. This level is lower secondary school, but their English skills are very good. I love this class.

Piece of paper about email
The last one was in M6 level, or grade 12. Teacher taught about the topic “email”. Teacher gave a piece of paper to each student about email. Then, teacher drilled (repeat-after) and explained that material. After that, teacher asked the students to fill the blank, and teacher wrote the vocabulary choices on the whiteboard.

Vocabulary choices
 Then, students had to collect their assignment to the teacher. I was amazed, because students collect their assignment stand in line.

Students stood in line to collect their assignment
 It was time to go home, because the class / observation finished at 4 in the afternoon. Before going hotel, I went to market to buy mineral water and some foods for dinner. After that, we came back to hotel.

That’s all of my entire activities today…
Thanks for reading my blog…

See you on my next journey…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The twenty fourth and twenty fifth day of Sea-Teacher 2017, making self-report and farewell ceremony

The seventeenth day of Sea-Teacher 2017, observing Ms. Merle's class

The first day of Sea - Teacher 2017, Orientation