The fifth day of Sea-Teacher 2017, observing Ms. Merle's class


This is the fifth day of Pre-Service student teacher exchange in Southeast Asia, Chiang Rai-Thailand. I went to Damrongratsongkroh School a bit late, because there were already many students and teachers on the school field to celebrate queen’s birthday (mother’s day). 

Queen's birthday / mother's day celebration
Queen's birthday / mother's day celebration
We were lucky because we could see the celebration of the important day in Thailand that was queen’s day / mother’s day. We were given opportunity to observe that celebration by mum Sunny as well. We were very, very, very lucky.

Queen's birthday / mother's day celebration in the hall
Queen's birthday / mother's day celebration in the hall
After the ceremony was end, I take some pictures with mum Sunny and my partner as well.

Teachers took pictures together at the end of the ceremony
Me, mum Sunny and my partner, Yoga.
After that, I went to English department office to meet Ms. Merle, because I would observe her class. She said to me that she has class / schedule on period 6 that was at 12.40. However, I could not observe her class on that time because I would go to mosque to praying Jum’at. The praying Jum’at would be started at 12.30, so that I was unable to observe Ms. Merle’s class on that time. Then, I told to her that I could not observe on that time, and I requested to her that I would observe her class on period 7, that was at 01.30 pm. She agreed about my requested.

Darul Aman mosque
At eleven o’clock in the morning, we went to Darul Aman mosque to praying Jum’at. Before the praying jum’at was started, we had lunch first in the food stall near from mosque. We had some difficulties about what would we eat, because we cannot speak Thai and they cannot speak English. Fortunately, we met Malay people there, he asked us by using Malay and we could understand it, because Malay and Bahasa Indonesia are similar. We ordered friend rice with chicken.

After praying Jum’at, I backed to Damrongratsongkroh School to observe Ms. Merle’s class. In the classroom, Ms. Merle gave me chance to introduce myself in front of class. Ms. Merle taught listening and speaking in grade eight. Foreign teacher, like Ms. Merle is only given instruction to teach listening and speaking, English for communication, and Thai teacher is given instruction to teach English grammar.

Topic was airport: vocabularies that related to airport.
Ms. Merle showed some pictures with caption that related to airport, like passport, visa and many more because the topic was “airport”. Teacher drilled students while the pictures were showing; students repeat after the teacher. After that, teacher gave exercises (fill the blank / gap information), the choices on the screen (slide), and then student made own conversation. Teacher went around the classroom to check students work while students were doing the exercises.

The answer choices of the exercise on the screen, and Ms. Merle checked students’ work.
Then, teacher asked students to practice their own conversation in front of the class, and student collected their exercises to the teacher as well. After that, teacher gave score to each student that has practiced their own conversation.

Students were practicing their conversation.
After observing Ms. Merle’s class, I and Ms. Merle went to her office. I asked for permission to Ms. Merle that I would want to go to mum Sunny’s room in the academic affairs. In the mum Sunny’s room, we ate some snacks. Then mum Sunny allowed us to go hotel.

That’s all of my entire activity on that thay,,, 
see you on my next journey..

Thank you so much for reading my blog...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The twenty fourth and twenty fifth day of Sea-Teacher 2017, making self-report and farewell ceremony

The seventeenth day of Sea-Teacher 2017, observing Ms. Merle's class

The first day of Sea - Teacher 2017, Orientation